Feb 14, 2017
We added the latest Raychem product updates, modified the temperature algorithm, and other minor changes.
Main new features of version 2.9:
- A new lighted end seal for self-regulating and power-limiting heating cables has been introduced for the European and Asian (IEC) markets, type Raychem E-100-L-E. The new product is fully compatible with applications using previous versions. For more information on this product, consult our website www.pentairthermal.com or contact your local representative.
- A new electronic line sensing thermostat, the Raychem ETS-05, has been introduced for the global market. For more information on this product, consult our website www.pentairthermal.com or contact your local representative.
- The nominal sheath temperature algorithm was changed to include the maximum operating temperature as the reference for the sheath temperature calculation, if this is above the maximum controlled temperature, in cases where the circuit is not line-sensed.
- The contact temperature algorithm to validate heaters on plastic pipes was changed to include the maximum operating temperature as the reference for the contact temperature calculation if this is above the maximum controlled temperature, if the circuit is not line-sensed.
- The option to force the trace ratio of a serial connection of single conductor cable sets is now available to users having the option to design with series heating cables.
- The option to override the forced trace ratio on child segments is now available to all users.
- For Raychem mineral insulated (MI) heating units for the North American (NEC, CEC) market, the reverse gland option has been removed.
- TraceCalc Pro has been updated to require control systems using control limited design in Class 1, Division 1 or Zone 1 areas to have a high temperature limiter.
- “Multiple circuits created” is now an informational message rather than a warning.
The latest version is now available for download at http://www.pentairthermal.com/tracecalcpro/PENTAIR CONTACT:
Industrial Heat Tracing Solutions
Office +32 /(0)184.108.40.206