Raychem self-regulating electric heat trace cables automatically adjust their power output to compensate for temperature changes of the pipe. These cables:
Raychem Heating Cables:
- Can be used for complex piping, plastic pipes and for pipes with/without steam cleaning
- Offer maximum design flexibility and reliability for heat-tracing applications with line lengths of up to 250m and maintain temperatures of up to 150°C.
- Result in more uniform pipe temperatures
- Are fundamentally safe with their unconditional T-ratings
- Can be cut to length on site
- Can be overlapped at valves, flanges, and instruments for ease of installation
- Do not require the collection of a hot work permit
- Include hi-tech Raychem installation kits that are simple to install
Raychem power-limiting systems for Pipe Frost Protection provide higher power outputs at elevated temperatures than self-regulating systems and can be exposed to higher temperatures.
Raychem Power-Limiting Cables
- For line lengths of up to 250 m
- For maintain temperatures of up to 230°C.
- Can be used at voltages up to 480V
- Can be cut to length
- Vary their power output depending on the pipe temperature
- Can be overlapped once for ease of installation
- Include Raychem installation kits that are simple to install and do not necessitate hot work permits
- Do not require RTV silicones, which can be hazardous during installation
Raychem Polymer Insulated technology
- Raychem polymer insulated (PI) series heating systems are especially suitable for longer heating circuits (e.g. >250 m)
- For continuous temperatures up to 260°C and intermittent exposure temperatures up to 300°C.
- Depending on the application, they typically require more sophisticated control systems.
Mineral Insulated (MI) Technology
Pyrotenax mineral insulated (MI) series heating systems are recommended for high-temperature applications of up to 800°C. Suitable for the harshest of industrial environments they are offered in a choice of constructions each with a complete range of compatible components and accessories.
Pyrotenax Mineral Insulated Cables
- Provide up to 61W/ft (200W/m) of power output
- Are pre-terminated, allowing for simplified installation
- Are approved for use in non-hazardous and hazardous locations
- Can be used at voltages to 600 V
- Are especially suited for harsh environments
- Provide a maximum application temperature of 550°C and a maximum exposure temperature of 650°C
- Can be customized for higher temperatures by special order
Constant-wattage parallel technology
Raychem constant-wattage parallel heating systems offer an economical alternative while maintaining the advantages of cut to length cables. Because of their constant power output, circuit breaker sizes may be reduced compared to self-regulating heating systems.
- For line lengths of up to 200m
- For maintain temperatures of up to 200°C.
Depending on the application, they typically require more sophisticated control systems.
Advanced Control Systems
Our advanced control systems from Raychem offer state-of-the-art control solutions designed exclusively for use with pipe freeze protection systems.
Raychem Monitoring and Control Products
- Include electronic and mechanical thermostats for simple on/off switching control
- Can detect ambient temperatures and are intended to control individual circuits, or provide control for a heat-tracing power distribution system (HTPG which will activate a number of critical circuits.
- Include refined NGC controllers that offer monitoring of circuit performance, integrity, and ground fault current and protection.
How We Control and Monitor your Pipe Freeze Protection System
- Distributed Systems – This is a multi-circuited panel system that is strategically placed around a plant for the purpose of gathering EHT circuits. The strategic locations of these panels help to reduce the overall cost of the system by reducing cable lengths. In turn, this will reduce the voltage drop and material requirements of the project.
- Centralized Systems – This system uses a single control monitoring location that is able to regulate an entire group of heat tracing circuits on its own. These systems are ideal when the activation of a multiple circuit system from one location is needed.
- Local Systems - This device system is devoted to a single circuit located somewhere near the heat trace power connection. These devices can control or monitor the heat trace system based upon the ambient temperature of that location.