When customers partner with Pentair Thermal Management early - while projects are still in the feasibility / FEED planning phase - they get the advantage of our heat tracing system design and optimization expertise. These optimization programs integrate design techniques and proven strategies based on our extensive experience installing heat tracing systems to help our customers realize lower Total Installed Cost (TIC) and/or lower Total Operating Cost (TOC) on their projects.
By working in conjunction with the customer, Pentair Thermal Management can provide the following benefits at the FEED stage of a project
- Review the project's primary Heat Management System (HMS) and related specifications (i.e., insulation, electrical, piping, etc.)
- Formulate an outline project-specific HMS scope of work
- Select appropriate project-specific optimization strategies
- Develop a cost analysis showing the non-optimized design baseline against an optimized design
- Estimate budgetary HMS system CAPEX (capital expenditures) and OPEX costs (operating expenditures)
- Prepare preliminary power loading calculations and distribution scenarios
The following illustration exemplifies how the implementation of cost reduction strategies / technologies are most beneficial to a project at the project's definition or FEED stage - prior to the normal detailed design and procurement phases. As time progresses along a project time-line, the design flexibility necessary to implement good cost reduction measures is reduced.