Conductive polymers are used to extend the life of TraceTek cables. Some of the oldest TraceTek fuel leak detection cables have been in continuous service for more than 25 years.
Sensor Cables for Hydrocarbon Fuel Leak Detection
- TraceTek 5000 series cable use a materials based, hydrocarbon specific conductive polymer. A very small quantity if spilled fuel is absorbed by the cable causing physical changes to the internal cable structure and electrical properties which in turn give rise to remote monitoring indications.
- TT5000-SC is for double containment pipe systems, indoor day tanks, pumps, and valve pads.
- TT5000-HS is for use in slotted conduit installed below grade beside pipelines and under tank or buried valves.
- TT5000-HUV is for use with above-ground piping around tanks and other locations exposed to sunlight.
- All TT5000 cables ignore water.
Probes for Liquid Fuels
- TTFFS-100 detects liquid hydrocarbon fuels such as naphtha, all petroleum based refined products and heavy crude. Resettable and reusable in most applications and has a 100 mm active sensor length.
- TTFFS-250 is similar to TTFFS-100 but with a longer active sensor area
- All FFS probes can detect fuel spreading over a dry surface or floating as a thin film on the surface of water
Monitors and Alarm Panels
TraceTek offers a variety of line battery and solar powered options together with wired and wireless telemetry to control room alarm panels.
- TT-FLASHER-BE is a battery powered led flasher approved for hazardous locations; no external wiring is required.
- TTC-1 is an “alarm only” dry contact relay output for signaling remote alarm panels or local alarm equipment.
- TTSIM-1-DB provides alarm and leak location information suitable for pipelines and similar installations. TTSIM-1DB offers round-the-clock monitoring and leak location to within 1 m.
- Advanced mesh based wireless telemetry allows for many sensor to be deployed in tanks farms of refineries with little or no wiring costs.