Raychem self-regulating electric heat trace cables automatically adjust their power output to compensate for temperature changes of the pipe.
Raychem self-regulating heat trace cables:
- Can be used for complex piping, plastic pipes and for pipes with/without steam cleaning
- Result in more uniform pipe temperatures and are inherently safe with their unconditional T-ratings
- Can be cut to length on site
- Can be overlapped at valves, flanges, and instruments for ease of installation
- Include state-of-the-art Raychem connection kits that are easy to install, do not need a hot work permit, and do not use hazardous materials such as RTV silicones
Raychem power-limiting electric heat trace cables are ideal for process temperature maintenance applications requiring high power output and/or high temperature exposure. Raychem power-limiting heat trace cables:
- Can withstand exposure temperatures to 500°F (260 °C) with power off
- Can be used at voltages to 480 V
- Vary their power output depending on the pipe temperature
- Can be cut-to-length
- Can be overlapped once for ease of installation
- Include state-of-the-art Raychem connection kits that are easy to install, do not need hot work permit and do not need hazardous materials such as RTV silicones
Mineral Insulated (MI) Technology
Pyrotenax mineral insulated electric heat trace cables are ideal for high power output, high exposure temperatures, or extreme resistance to environmental corrosives. Pyrotenax mineral insulated heat trace cables:
- Provide up to 61 watts per foot (200 watts per meter) of power output
- Are pre-terminated, allowing for simplified installation
- Are approved for use in nonhazardous and hazardous locations
- Can be used at voltages to 600 V
- Are especially suited for harsh environments
- Provide a maximum application temperature of 1022°F (550°C) and maximum exposure temperature of 1200°F (650°C)
- Can be customized for higher temperatures by special order
Polymer Insulated (PI) Technology
Raychem polymer insulated (PI) series heating systems are particularly suitable for longer heating circuits (e.g. >250 m), up to several kilometres. The PI cables :
- Covers a wide range of resistances
- Can be used for continuous temperatures of up to 260°C and intermittent exposure temperatures of up to 300°C.
- Use PTFE insulation, for unprecedented performance of temperature withstand capabilities and chemical resistance
- Offer significant longer service life time
- Are easy to terminate in the field
Advanced Control Systems
Raychem advanced control systems are designed specifically for process temperature maintenance applications.
The Raychem control and monitoring products:
- Range from a mechanical thermostat with an HTPI panel to our state-of the-art NGC product line that can sense up to 8 process temperatures for each individual control circuit.
- Include sophisticated control methods, monitoring of circuit integrity, performance and ground-fault current, and ground-fault protection
- Have the ability to be monitored from a remote location and most interface with the Raychem Supervisor software.
Control and monitoring solutions for Process Temperature Maintenance applications include:
- Local - Dedicated to an individual circuit located in close proximity to the heat trace power connection, these devices monitor and or control based upon the pipe temperature measured on that circuit.
- Distributed – Multi-circuit panels strategically located in a plant to gather a number of EHT circuits. The location of these panels reduces the total installed cost by reducing the branch power cable lengths.
- Centralised – Multi-circuit panels located in a packaged building that is dedicated to heat trace control. The cost savings of this building becomes apparent when there is a very high concentration of heat tracing circuits and a small footprint of the plant.