Pentair Thermal Management offers complete heating systems for Frost protection to meet the diverse requirements of many different industries: oil and gas, utilities, petrochemicals, specialty chemicals, pulp and paper, and pharmaceuticals.
Water, and fluids containing significant water, expand as they freeze. This expansion can cause the pipe to break—leading to property damage or production loss, or jeopardizing personnel safety.
- A frozen water pipe leading to a critical process—like a frozen pipe in waste water treatment plant or cooling tower can shut down the operation causing multi-million dollars of losses.
- A frozen pipe to safety showers can jeopardize personnel safety in the event of hazardous chemical exposure.
We offer various systems of pipe freeze protection using different technologies, suitable for use in hazardous and non-hazardous areas.
Pipe Freeze Protection – Easy to use products or a Complete Heat Management System Approach
Pentair Thermal Management offers pipe freeze protection as a complete heat management system which includes the selection of appropriate pipe heating cable technologies and advanced control system technologies, in addition to turnkey services.
Heat Trace System
- Electric heat trace cables – heat trace cables that maintain the temperature of non-flowing fluids by replacing the heat lost through the thermal insulation on pipes, vessels and associated equipment.
- Advanced control systems –help maintain the temperature of the fluid through a heat traced pipe.
- Components and accessories – items for making electrical connections and properly completing the installation, such as end terminations, glass tape and warning labels.